Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Dance

Over at Eleven Oreos blog( http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/OreoSouza/144024/) Shurleen had an excellent post about dancing with God. One of my signature lines has been "I'm learning to praise God in the storm and dance in the rain." So I've been thinking about my dance with God. God has been my sole dance partner for the last five years. It has often been a difficult dance. I'm a strong-willed control freak which means that I like to lead...I want to pick the music, the clothes and what dance we're going to do. BUT GOD. He is such a patient instructor. When I try to lead He gently but firmly holds me closer and takes the lead. I've had my toes stepped on many times. Certainly not because of His ineptness but because of my many missteps. There have been times I've stomped off the dance floor in a huff. Times I couldn't even hear the music because the world was blaring in my ears. Times I thought HE had left the floor because my eyes were too blind to see. BUT GOD. Always there. Patiently waiting for me. Always ready to try again. And what is our style of music??? Well I'd love it to be an elegant waltz, smoothly twirling around the floor, flowing freely. But I'm afraid I'm more of a tango kind of gal...intense, passionate with abrupt starts and stops, spins and dips and a bright red dress. So even though my feet are often bruised and swollen, I passionately love my God. And you know what? I've found that He doesn't mind a tango with me :)

No comments: